Support: 0845 65 26 856

Overseas companies and limited liability partnerships – New Property Transaction Guide

31st July 2017

When overseas companies and limited liability partnerships (LLPs) acquire land and lend money on the security of land and property in England and Wales, transactions such as a transfer, lease, mortgage or a discharge of a mortgage must be registered with HM Land Registry.

HM Land Registry needs to be satisfied that the overseas entity has:-

  • a legal personality distinct from its members
  • power to own and deal with estates and interests in land in England and Wales
  • made sure the deeds to which it is a party have been duly executed Overlooking these requirements can delay an application or lead to it being cancelled.

HM Land Registry has introduced a new practice guide to help conveyancers make sure their application is right first time, so that registering the transaction is as quick as possible.

The new practice guide is Practice Guide No 78: overseas companies and limited liability partnerships

Sign up to our
Legal Forms Newsletter

Stay informed of all the latest updates and industry news. Sign up now

Call us on 0845 65 26 856 for further details or sign up now.

Terms of use Privacy PolicyTerms of Business